Montag, 21. Januar 2008

A yummie accident

At my supermarket they offered a large variety of asian food, so I bought coconut milk. I shaked it, opened it and it was solid. I was really suprised and decided to stir it, then it became a viscous consistence a little bit like whipped cream. I only use coconut milk for baking (I hate cooking with it) so I thought: "Just stir something together." . No sooner said than done. What came out reminded me at coconut macaroons (ok, I didn't eat them for a long time). I didn't want to imitate macaroons but it was really yummie.

What I've done:

1/2 cup coconut milk (it should be viscous and cooled in the frigde for about a day)
1/2 cup grated coconut (unsweetend)
1/4 cup almonds blanched and grind
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 cup sugar

Whip the cold coconut milk, then add grated coconut and almonds. Afterwards baking powder and sugar. Put it with a teaspoon on a with parchment paper covered pan. Preheat the oven to 320 °F (160 °C) and bake them for 15 minutes, then rise the temperature to 356 °F ( 180 °C) and bake for another 10 minutes, until they're slightly brown at the edge. Makes about 20 macaroons.

*sorry for that uggly picture*

1 Kommentar:

ChocolateCoveredVegan hat gesagt…

Sometimes accidents make the best successes!